Welcome to Lathom Road Medical Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
Our Vision & Values
- Caring and compassionate with patients,each other and staff.
- Active listening , understanding and responding to patient.
- Relentlessly improving and innovating for patient safety.
- Working together to achieve.
- Value every staff member & their contribution to patient's care.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Wuhan Novel Coronavirus
Due to corona virus online appointment booking service have been suspended until further notice.
Our New Normal is "REMOTE CONSULTATIONS"
Lathom Road Medical Centre has remained open during COVID 19 pandemic, we have had adapt to working very differently with increased digital and remote consultations. We have put in place a number of measures to keep patients and staff safe during the Covid-19 crisis so that we can continue to provide the safe care needed.
There have been some real positives come out of Covid-19. One of the biggest is the remote consultation system which will be used going forward. It is a much more efficient and effective way of treating patients and has enabled us to increase the amount of patients we treat in a day. 95% of patients are being dealt with remotely. We are embracing new technology and adapting our appointment system.
Our new surgery model is:
- Online consultation https://www.onlinetriage.co.uk/org/lathom-medical-centre- An online consultation enables you to contact a GP or other health professional over the internet. It allows you tell your GP about your health or any new symptoms or ask for medical advice, you can also make any request that you would normally make at reception or over the telephone. It is actually a very short consultation process compared to our 10-minute face-to-face model.
- Telephone consultation - telephone consultations were previously used just to triage calls, but now all of our doctors and nurses have been trained to treat and diagnosed patients this way.
- Video consultation – This is very similar to a face-to-face appointment, where you speak to a doctor using the video camera in your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Face-to-face consultation - only if absolutely necessary, mainly where we need to physically touch a patient to treat and or diagnose i.e. (acute abdomen pain).
Any new systems have been put in place to limit the spread of Covid-19.
If you have been asked to come to the surgery, please follow these instructions before coming into the Surgery:
- Check your temperature before leaving your home
- Please ring bell on your arrival
- you will be asked some health screening quesions before you will be allowed to enter the premises
- Please wear a mask or face covering. This can be a scarf or any other suitable garment
- We suggest you use the bathroom at home before attending the surgery and only use surgery toilets only when really necessary.
- When you see a clinician they will be wearing full PPE with surgical masks to protect you and themselves.
- The surgery continues to provide routine childhood immunisations, smears and other necessary injections.
- In the waiting room there is a reduced amount of seating to ensure social distancing
- Only the patient should attend or if it is a child, one parent, if it is vulnerable adult, one carer or family member.
FOR COUGHS AND COLDS SYMPTOMS
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do - please see NHS 111 Online: About coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
FOR ALL REQUESTS & ANY MEDICAL ADVICE USE E-CONSULTATIONS
Use our website to consult doctors online for e-consultations. This is quickest way for getting medical advice and making any requests (prescriptions, sick notes, etc.)
We will send sick notes or letters via Accurx text message to the mobile phone you provided
HOW TO ORDER
- NHS APP - Use online services to order repeat prescription – you do not need a password to login to your account just download NHS app on your phone
- Order by email@example.com
- If you cannot do any of these – please put your prescription request through the surgery letter box with your name & address and what pharmacy you would like to pick it up from written clearly.
PLEASE REMEMBER IF WE DO NOT HAVE NAME OF YOUR PHARMACY GIVEN TO US WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SEND YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO THE PHARMACY CLOSEST TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS
REFERRALS AND ANY ADMIN LETTER
REMEMBER: You can request admin letters through an e-consultation or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, they will be sent to via accuRx text message on your mobile phone.
Call us to book nurse appointments.
NEW PATIENTS ARE WELCOME
Please register online by completing forms on https://www.lathomroadmedicalcentre.co.uk
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
COVID-19-Medical Certificate Guidance- Requests for MED3-Fit Note
Patient Support – Worried about COVID-19
The Practice has put in place measures to ensure the safety and any social issues of our patients and staff while also ensuring we provide as many services as we safely can.
If you need any support ranging from social or anxiety issues we have dedicated staff members to aid you in your concerns. Please ring the Surgery for more information.
Natasha Sutton (Social Issues)
GET OUR HELP ONLINE
Subject Access Request online
We have made the Subject Access Request form available online for you to request Medical Records. For further information please view the Online Services page.
Subject Access Request Form
We will review and respond to anything you send us.
Our email address is: email@example.com
Patients should use this email address for all non-urgent requests such as prescriptions, access to medical records, change of address and complaints & compliments etc.
For Dermatology Complaints /Compliments[Patient First] Please call: 020 8519 3606
For Lathom Road Medical Centre Complaints/Compliments: You can call on 0208 548 5640, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or arrange an appointment with Manager to discuss
Additionally you can Leave your review by using : Lathom Road Medical Centre NHS Choices Website
The consulting rooms and WC’s in our premises are accessible to wheelchair users.
Buses 147,376,300, 101, 104. 325, 474, 238 run in the area. The nearest underground station is East Ham (District Line).
(Site updated 21/12/2020)